Monday, March 26, 2012

Images aren't being displayed in deployed Reports

Hi everybody,

When I develop and run (preview) a report in my machine (Vs.net 2003), the report is displayed correctly, including images.

But, when I deploy the report to the server (Win2k Server), the report runs OK, but the images are not displayed! Tongue Tied

I've already tried everything I found in the internet about this problem .... changed the way of put the image in the report (Embedded, External), tried an image with only RGB colors, changed the account for unattended execution (rsconfig) .... but nothing worked!!!

Does anybody have any idea about what might be happening?

Thanks a lot!!Make sure cookies are enabled in your browser. Images rely on sessions and sessions rely on cookies.

To better diagnose this you can right click on the missing image icon right after rendering report, go to properties and copy link for the image. Make sure you copy the entire link. Then paste it in the address bar of the same window that displays report. You'll see better error message.|||Yes, cookies are enabled.

Actually, view the properties of the image was the first step I took ...

The image link:
http://server/ReportServer?%2fOpexReports%2fReport1&rs%3aFormat=HTML4.0&rs%3aImageID=6b02dc52-73b7-489e-8dfe-730e6d9bfd6b

when I copy the link in IE, I get this error:

Reporting Services Error

The stream cannot be found. The stream identifier that is provided to an operation cannot be located in the report server database. (rsStreamNotFound) Get Online Help|||I SOLVED THE PROBLEM!!

I discovered that images in report rendering rely on session and cookies.
When you have and underscore "_" in the server name, this may cause some session problems.

So I update the field UseSessionCookies to 'False' in the ConfigurationInfo table, in the RS Database. The images are now displayed! Big Smile

Regards!|||

Hi Rodrigo,

I am also facing the problem similar to your problem. I have followed your approach for solution, but unfortunately i am not able to get the solution.

Can you please provide me some approach for solving this problem

Regards,

Vikas Khandpur

|||

Just change the IP address to the computer name and it will work

No comments:

Post a Comment