Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Images in DB for a website

Hi everyone. This is myfirst post here. I did a quick search and didn't find what I aslooking for, so I'm hoping you all can help me.
I'm working on a project that will allow my company to upload images toa database and have the website pull the images from the DB. Weare planning to incorporate some type of cacheing, however I'mskeptical as to if it is really necessary. I imagine that I'mcertianly not the first to do this and I'm wondering if someone can letme know if I truly should expect a performance hit, or if I shouldn'treally worry about it b/c this is a very common mantra.
Thanks all. I've been pretty vague and haven't explained all ofthe details. I can write more, but I'm just looking forgeneralizations right now.
Thanks,
HD
I think most of your questions are answered in the link below and remember to read the MSDN links at the end of the page. Hope this helps.
http://www.informit.com/guides/content.asp?g=sqlserver&seqNum=105&rl=1

No comments:

Post a Comment