Friday, March 30, 2012

Immediate update/Queued update problem

I'm having a problem creating immediate update/queued update transactional
replication on my test servers. I go through the wizards and create the
publication using the advanced mode and set it up. It appears to work fine.
When I create the subscription, nothing happens. I cannot get the inital
snapshot to work and it will not create the triggers and stored procedures.
Anyone have any ideas?
Connect to your publisher in EM, expand Replication Monitor, expand the
replication agents, expand the distribution agent folder, locate the
distribution agent for your publication, right click on it, select Agent
Properties and change the job owner to sa.
Right click on your distribution agent and restart it. You may have to also
do this for the snapshot agent.
"Mark" <Mark@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:5289270A-7B92-45F6-9887-A78D66ACB061@.microsoft.com...
> I'm having a problem creating immediate update/queued update transactional
> replication on my test servers. I go through the wizards and create the
> publication using the advanced mode and set it up. It appears to work
> fine.
> When I create the subscription, nothing happens. I cannot get the inital
> snapshot to work and it will not create the triggers and stored
> procedures.
> Anyone have any ideas?
|||Thank for your help.
I found that there was an issue with the computer name. The computer had
gotten its name changed and after rectifying that the triggers were written.
So.. Now I have a problem on the subscriber writing back in a two phase
commit back to the publisher. I get an error during the insert that indicates
that the sa password cannot connect. I traced the call and I see the call to
openserver where the sa login is used and the password is set as an empty
string. I cannot find where to set the login and password for the writeback.
Could someone help me out?
"Hilary Cotter" wrote:

> Connect to your publisher in EM, expand Replication Monitor, expand the
> replication agents, expand the distribution agent folder, locate the
> distribution agent for your publication, right click on it, select Agent
> Properties and change the job owner to sa.
> Right click on your distribution agent and restart it. You may have to also
> do this for the snapshot agent.
> "Mark" <Mark@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:5289270A-7B92-45F6-9887-A78D66ACB061@.microsoft.com...
>
>

No comments:

Post a Comment