Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Images in SQL Server 2005 Express

Hey all,

I'm working on a database which (I hope) will have photos in it. However, I'm having difficulty how to properly insert photos into an SQL database. I see that it has an 'image' data-type, but I don't know how to make proper use it.

Given that the answer to this question could be quite lengthy, if someone could provide me a link to somewhere, or a book to pick up that could answer this answer, I would be most gratified. Thanks!Smile [:)]

It is not that bad at all. Just convert your image to a ByteArray and it is ready to save.

Have a great day.

|||In general, I'm not a fan of storing images in the database directly. There just usually isn't any good reason to.

If you can, just store enough information in the database so you can find the image in question, and store the images on disk some place.

No comments:

Post a Comment