Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Images in Reporting Services from database

I have a data table which contains a bmp image saved as a byte array. I am trying to have this image presented in a report, however, I get a red X after I follow the wizard.

I also tried it with the SQL Northwind database and I have the same issue. I am running SQL Reporting services 2005. Any suggestions on what could be going wrong?

Joe

after placing the image you have select the image source i.e. database in your case and then you have select the field name which contains image and the MIME type as image/bmp or try image/png.

this should work

|||

I have tried with both image/bmp and image/png on northwind DB as recommended. I still get red cross. Any ideal what's wrong?

|||

I have tried with both image/bmp and image/png on northwind DB as recommended. I still get red cross. Any idea what's wrong?

|||Please read this RS BOL topic: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms156342(SQL.90).aspx

Particularly read the comment near the top if the images came originally from an Access database, because in that case the actual image data is an OLE image and you have to write an expression to remove the OLE image header from the data. This also applies to the Northwind sample database.

Furthermore, I recommend to install SQL Server 2005 SP1 for Reporting Services.

-- Robert

sql

No comments:

Post a Comment