Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Images on a report

Hi being new to reporting services this is probably simple, so here goes.

Using Visual Studio 2005 to create the report. I have a SQLExpress db.

In the Product table that I want to run the report on there is a field called ImageName it contains the image filename e.g CanonIXUS.jpg

and I have a directory with all the images in it.

So how do I get the report writer to show the Image for the product in the row?

Thanks

Please check the documentation:
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms156482(SQL.90).aspx

In your case, it sounds like you want to add an "external" image where you will need to dynamically construct the path with an expression.

-- Robert

|||

Hi,

Thanks for that.

However all the documentation talks of an image wizard and various properties when you drag an image control onto a report.

Unfortunatly after adding a report (test.rdlc) to my VS2005 project none of these options seem to be available to me. I can easily display data but I don't have a place to select the various properties for an image eg. "external" .

Any Ideas ?

|||

You can use the VS property browser to set the image properties. To set the source of an image to "external", select the image, go to the Properties window and locate the Source property.

-Albert

No comments:

Post a Comment