Friday, March 30, 2012

Immediate Updating Subscriber not Queuing updates

Hey all,
I have a problem with replication that I was hoping someone might be able to
shed some light on. Heres the scenario.
Server A, setup as a publisher + distributor. A publication was created and
marked for transaction replication with immediate updating with queued as a
failover.
Server B is the only subscriber. I had to run sp_link_publication in order
to get it to work.
I can successfully replication changes from A - B, and B - A. If B goes
down, and comes back up, it will re-sync no problem. My problem is that when
A goes down, I am not getting anything saved into the queue. When I try to
do any updating, all I get is 'SQL Server does not exist, etc'. There are no
other triggers on the table.
Thoughts?
One more thing, this is SQL 2000 SP3 (.818)
"MJM" wrote:

> Hey all,
> I have a problem with replication that I was hoping someone might be able to
> shed some light on. Heres the scenario.
> Server A, setup as a publisher + distributor. A publication was created and
> marked for transaction replication with immediate updating with queued as a
> failover.
> Server B is the only subscriber. I had to run sp_link_publication in order
> to get it to work.
> I can successfully replication changes from A - B, and B - A. If B goes
> down, and comes back up, it will re-sync no problem. My problem is that when
> A goes down, I am not getting anything saved into the queue. When I try to
> do any updating, all I get is 'SQL Server does not exist, etc'. There are no
> other triggers on the table.
> Thoughts?
|||you have to manually failover your subscriber from using immediate updating
to using queued updating. There is no automatic failover.
Hilary Cotter
Looking for a book on SQL Server replication?
http://www.nwsu.com/0974973602.html
"MJM" <MJM@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:EDD81CC4-9696-4AAB-A468-B8734DC08473@.microsoft.com...[vbcol=seagreen]
> One more thing, this is SQL 2000 SP3 (.818)
> "MJM" wrote:
able to[vbcol=seagreen]
and[vbcol=seagreen]
as a[vbcol=seagreen]
order[vbcol=seagreen]
when[vbcol=seagreen]
to[vbcol=seagreen]
are no[vbcol=seagreen]

No comments:

Post a Comment