Wednesday, March 28, 2012

images loading slow corrupts the report

I have a report with an embedded image which appears in every row(static), it
also has a report that it drills down to. This page that calls this report
uses the reportviewer. the report loads quick, but the images take a while
longer. If I hit the column that drills to the next report, I can see the
page call the server, but the report stays on the same page. Yet the
reportviewer showbackbutton becomes active. If you hit the backbutton on
the reportviewer, it errors with Execution 'v0v2zx550yizfieksuf1ya45' cannot
be found .
How do I get the images quicker?
How do I keep the above problem from happening?On Jul 5, 5:32 pm, NeedToKnow <NeedToK...@.newsgroups.nospam> wrote:
> I have a report with an embedded image which appears in every row(static), it
> also has a report that it drills down to. This page that calls this report
> uses the reportviewer. the report loads quick, but the images take a while
> longer. If I hit the column that drills to the next report, I can see the
> page call the server, but the report stays on the same page. Yet the
> reportviewer showbackbutton becomes active. If you hit the backbutton on
> the reportviewer, it errors with Execution 'v0v2zx550yizfieksuf1ya45' cannot
> be found .
> How do I get the images quicker?
> How do I keep the above problem from happening?
It seems like you are using too many resources while trying to render
several images. If your images are MPEG, I would suggest converting
them to JPG/JPEG/GIF which should conserve space and improve
performance a little. It seems from your description that the
execution error is related to the resource utilization (of the
rendering). Sorry that I could not be of greater assistance.
Regards,
Enrique Martinez
Sr. Software Consultant|||My resource is one gif that is 925 bytes in size. It appears on every line
of the table. It is not a resource error. It comes from the reportviewer
when it is trying to load the drill down report.
"EMartinez" wrote:
> On Jul 5, 5:32 pm, NeedToKnow <NeedToK...@.newsgroups.nospam> wrote:
> > I have a report with an embedded image which appears in every row(static), it
> > also has a report that it drills down to. This page that calls this report
> > uses the reportviewer. the report loads quick, but the images take a while
> > longer. If I hit the column that drills to the next report, I can see the
> > page call the server, but the report stays on the same page. Yet the
> > reportviewer showbackbutton becomes active. If you hit the backbutton on
> > the reportviewer, it errors with Execution 'v0v2zx550yizfieksuf1ya45' cannot
> > be found .
> > How do I get the images quicker?
> > How do I keep the above problem from happening?
>
> It seems like you are using too many resources while trying to render
> several images. If your images are MPEG, I would suggest converting
> them to JPG/JPEG/GIF which should conserve space and improve
> performance a little. It seems from your description that the
> execution error is related to the resource utilization (of the
> rendering). Sorry that I could not be of greater assistance.
> Regards,
> Enrique Martinez
> Sr. Software Consultant
>

No comments:

Post a Comment